Advice sought on makine web-server safe

From: Timothy Murphy (tim_at_birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie)
Date: 11/17/05

    To: fedora-list@redhat.com
    Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 04:29:33 +0000

    I want to allow general access
    to the web-server (apache) on my desktop,
    but not to any other services on this machine.

    Could someone point me to a tutorial
    (or other documentation) explaining
    how to make this as safe as possible?

    --
    Timothy Murphy
    tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

    • Re: Advice sought on makine web-server safe
      ... On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 04:29 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote: ... > I want to allow general access ... > to the web-server (apache) on my desktop, ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Advice sought on makine web-server safe
      ... On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 04:29 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote: ... > I want to allow general access to the web-server (apache) on my ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Advice sought on makine web-server safe
      ... and received a surprising number of responses along the same lines. ... By "general access" I meant that anyone could access the web-site, ... thinking of getting a cheap domain and setting up a web-server ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Finding Default Page Name using urllib2
      ... The "default page" is a property of the web-server; and it is not client side. ... for Apache, it's index.html or index.htm; but if PHP is installed, index.php is also possible. ... Michel Claveau ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: PHP as ISAPI module under IIS: Extension problem
      ... Although you probably will not like it, I suggest you install Apache 2.x ... Windows now, its faster, and the PHP interface is faster as well. ... highly recommend moving to a better web-server like Apache. ...
      (comp.lang.php)