Re: DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE?

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, David G. Miller wrote:

"Knute Johnson" <knute@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Apr 11, 2006, at 7:40 AM, Knute Johnson wrote:

I have a new install of FC5 running dovecot 1.0.0 beta 2.7. I get my
mail with POP3 but I have a user using IMAP. They both work great
but I keep getting a message from dovecot in my mail saying DON'T
help keep track of IMAP messages. Since I use POP3 is there any way
not to have it show up all the time? I've deleted it, I've deleted
my account and re-added it but it keeps coming back. Dovecot is also
making a 'mail' directory in my ~ that I don't think I need. What
can I do about this?

Umm. So you're using Dovecot for both POP3 and IMAP? Dovecot
shouldn't show that "internal data" message to clients at all, unless
something breaks it (does it contain X-IMAP header?)

Timo:

Sorry for the slow response, I was out of town for a couple of days.
Below is the complete message. It isn't available when I get my mail
via POP3 but is there every time I run 'mail' from the command line.

Thanks,

knute...