Re: XDMCP enabling

On Sat, 2006-04-15 at 10:59 +0800, Wong Kwok-hon wrote:
On 4/9/06, Garry Harthill <gazzerh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 08/04/06, Leon <sdl.web@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Garry Harthill" <gazzerh@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

On 08/04/06, Leon <sdl.web@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Garry Harthill" <gazzerh@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

On 06/04/06, Skidmore, Stanley G <stanley.g.skidmore@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good Afternoon,
Does anybody have any experience in enabling XDMCP? What all needs to be
tuned on or is there a interface that may help? Any assistance would be
greatly appreciated.

Stan

Take a look in /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf. Scroll down to the following section:
[xdmcp]
Enable=true

I can't find this file in FC5.

--
Leon

That file is there in FC4. This machine uses GDM.

Maybe the config is in /etc/X11/xdm/kdmrc

It depends what display manager you are using - GDM or KDM.

Things in fc5 must have been changed substantially. I'm using gdm and
gnome 2.14 but no xdm or gdm dir in /etc/X11.

Maybe /usr/share/gdm/defaults.conf is gdm.conf in fc4.

Thanks,
--
Leon

Yeah. It looks that way. Should really be in /etc/X11. Or at least
/etc/gdm or something. Gets very annoying when the goal posts are
moved like this :/

Also I found that I need to enable a port 177 of udp in firewall by
manual not like before which is automatically set.

Wong Kwok Hon
Some of this has been discussed several times on the list. gdm
configuration (including XDMCP) is done through the gdmsetup program in
FC5.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  • Re: GDM and XDMCP
    ... XDMCP computers on my login screen? ... I get plenty of google hits on GDM & XDMCP but they all appear to ... I am using both gdm & kdm. ... The machine I have set up as an XDMCP server is a SuSE machine running ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: XDMCP enabling
    ... Does anybody have any experience in enabling XDMCP? ... It depends what display manager you are using - GDM or KDM. ... Things in fc5 must have been changed substantially. ... Wong Kwok Hon ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: GDM and XDMCP
    ... XDMCP computers on my login screen? ... I get plenty of google hits on GDM & XDMCP but they all appear to ... be about how to configure GDM to allow a remote computer to log ... The machine I have set up as an XDMCP server is a SuSE machine running ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Strange visual artifacts in upper left corner of screen which respond to mouse activity.....
    ... I have found that if I use the GDM provided XDMCP Chooser... ... You should probably not expect replies to a non-trivial message in less ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: XDMCP enabling
    ... Does anybody have any experience in enabling XDMCP? ... Any assistance would be ... It depends what display manager you are using - GDM or KDM. ... Things in fc5 must have been changed substantially. ...
    (Fedora)