Re: Fedora Core 5 hangs with ldap configured.

Gordon Messmer wrote:
Norm wrote:
Fedora Core 5 hangs with ldap configured.

Whether I attempt to include ldap during the initial install or add it
later Fedora Core 5 seems to always hang at the same point while booting.
It gets to "starting System Message bus" and hangs there. If Ldap is
not included there is no problem.

Are you sure that you're running FC5? I saw that problem during FC5
test 3, but it was fixed before the actual release.

I can confirm that this also happened to me on two fresh fc5 installs.
When I tested, I found that if I told ldap to use TLS, it was an issue
because there is no way to download and install the CAcert
(www.cacert.org) root CA certificate and place it in
/etc/openldap/cacerts during the install, so TLS would fail. If I told
it not to use TLS, it worked.

--
Anthony

Website: http://messinet.com
Gallery: http://gallery.messinet.com/main.php?g2_itemId=34

GnuPG Key / Fingerprint:
0xB0014A4E / 8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E

Registered Linux User #389089 - Get counted!: http://counter.li.org

  • Re: Fedora Core 5 hangs with ldap configured.
    ... Whether I attempt to include ldap during the initial install or add it ... later Fedora Core 5 seems to always hang at the same point while booting. ... I installed only the i386 binary and it dead hang on the same spot when I use ldap for authentication. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Fedora Core 5 hangs with ldap configured.
    ... Whether I attempt to include ldap during the initial install or add it ... later Fedora Core 5 seems to always hang at the same point while booting. ... Are you sure that you're running FC5? ...
    (Fedora)
  • Fedora Core 5 hangs with ldap configured.
    ... Fedora Core 5 hangs with ldap configured. ... Whether I attempt to include ldap during the initial install or add it ... It gets to "starting System Message bus" and hangs there. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Fedora Core 5 hangs with ldap configured
    ... Whether I attempt to include ldap during the initial install or add it later Fedora Core 5 seems to always hang at the same point while booting. ...
    (linux.redhat)