Re: How to use dvgrab.

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 17:44 -0400, Mike Chalmers wrote:

1. When I type in dvgrab in the terminal, it only works from the
terminal. There is no gui. I need the gui so that I can use it
correctly.

It depends on the workflow.
Most people (myself included) just dump the whole tape onto the drive
and do all processing (cut, edit, join, etc.) afterwards. This is the
recommended technique in pretty much all cases.
In that case, dvgrab works pretty well. Here are my scripts to create
DVDs out of DV tapes:

http://florin.myip.org/soft/conv-dvd/

But if you _must_ use a GUI, I suggest taking a look at Kino - of which
dvgrab implements only a fraction of functionality.

I use Kino with dvgrab - I just capture everything with dvgrab (because
it's simple and lightweight) then any trimming that's necessary is done
with Kino. At the end, the DVD script takes care of the conversion to
DVD.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/

  • Re: How to use dvgrab.
    ... There is no gui. ... In that case, dvgrab works pretty well. ... I use Kino with dvgrab - I just capture everything with dvgrab (because ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: How to use dvgrab.
    ... dvgrab is strictly a command-line capture utility. ... Kino is a full-fledged video processing GUI application, ... Kino can also capture video from a DV source, just like dvgrab: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: How to use dvgrab.
    ... dvgrab is strictly a command-line capture utility. ... Kino is a full-fledged video processing GUI application, ... Kino can also capture video from a DV source, just like dvgrab: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Does small bsd cd exsit?
    ... used it myself and cannot say what, if any, GUI it provides. ... to burn to DVD are too large, it may be that you are trying to burn them as ... 1.5GB and XCFE is a lot lighter than KDE (used by PCBSD). ... Now, I'm tring to install a pcbsd with a bootonly image, on my virtualbox.. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Best combination of applications
    ... >GUI). ... For playback mplayer. ... Ogle is also a very fine DVD player, ... If you want a nice GUI for disc burning, try k3b. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)