hostname and dhcp question

Hi,

I have fedora core 5 installed in one of my computer in LAN. One of the
windows machine acts as the web server (internal) for the LAN but I can't
figure out how to get the web page served by that machine in my fedora. Just
typing the hostname (http://hostname) doesn't work, I have to put the IP
address to see the page. What's wrong with DHCP setting? and how to fix
this?

By the way all computers in my LAN have dynamic address which is handled by
DSL modem router. Other windows machine is behaving correctly, only fedora
installation is not. What do I need to do? I also checked the network
settings and found nothing to do with that as it has all automatic option
checked.

Thanks! --
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: hostname and dhcp question
    ... Before I tried fedora 4 as web server also where samba is also ... In this setup all of my windows machine can locate the server ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: hostname and dhcp question
    ... I have fedora core 5 installed in one of my computer in LAN. ... Other windows machine is behaving correctly, ... installation is not. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: hostname and dhcp question
    ... I have fedora core 5 installed in one of my computer in LAN. ... Other windows machine is behaving correctly, ... installation is not. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: LAN driver problem
    ... With the new motherboard LAN connection to the network has ... and as a controller LAN has, as you can see, the Atheros AR8151 ... operating system to the new Fedora 19. ... the network device named probably ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Networking problem
    ... I still am unable to ping that machine and it is unable to ping me. ... I can ping the router and another machine I have on the LAN. ... On Fedora Machine: ... The Powerbook entries confuse me. ...
    (Fedora)