FC5: Asus P5-B AHCI (sata) not working with kernel 2.6.17-1.2174smp but fine with 2.6.15-1.2054smp
- From: Rainer Traut <tr.ml@xxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:40:00 +0200
the problem is on our new home pc, specs:
Intel Core2 Duo 6600, 2GB RAM, 300GB SATA AHCI Mode
Asus P5-B motherboard,latest bios, Intel ICH8R
The system boots fine with the old initial kernel but panics after running a full update.
As I recall here's the console output:
PCI: Bios Bug: MCFG is not E820 reserved
PCI: Not using MMCONFIG
(ata1) timed out after 30seconds
The hd light is flashing slowly...
So I believe there's something broken with ahci support in later kernels.
Thx for any help
fedora-list mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
- Prev by Date: Re: Rebuilding postfix with mysql suport
- Next by Date: Re: What is the language "British"?
- Previous by thread: The silly mess with Firefox 18.104.22.168's Flash plugin
- Next by thread: Re: FC5: Asus P5-B AHCI (sata) not working with kernel 2.6.17-1.2174smp but fine with 2.6.15-1.2054smp