Re: modprobe.conf is ignored

On Sat, 2006-11-18 at 16:21 +0100, Joachim Selke wrote:
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez wrote:
# Next we need to add a line to the file /etc/rc.local

/sbin/ipw3945d --quiet

This is a workaround I want to get rid of. Sorry, I forgot to mention
that. It works, but I am wondering why the install line in the
modprobe.conf is ignored when loading the module at boot time. Using the
modprobe.conf seems to me to be a much better way to start the daemon.

Again, the "services" app usually found in the ...
I had to go look for it, running KDE on a fresh FC6 install (meaning I
have had time enough to screw it up) I found it under:
Administration -> Server Settings -> Services Server Management

It should be in some place similar under Gnome. That cranks up stuff at
boot time. I usually set the view mode to "all run levels" as you'll
want your module running both on level 3 and level 5. Check both boxes.
Hit the start button and if it's config'd properly, you'll see the
result in the little info box immediately. If it dies, it'll tell you
so, immediately. Nifty, huh? Enjoy and hope this helps ya. Ric

  • Re: Unable to install printer which was installed before
    ... RPCSS starting at boot time - ??? ... "Rich Barry" wrote: ... >> anyhow now when I am trying to install the printer (using the updated ... >> working properly and it is not even in device manager - when try to do ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Sound Forge issues
    ... You should make sure that they did a clean install, and only install the things that you really need. ... And make sure there is nothing there that is not needed; this is another place where things get started from at boot time. ... My main PC actually has boot partitions, one with a minimal install used for audio work, and business/play stuff on the other one. ... David Morgan http://www.m-a-m-s DOT com Morgan Audio Media Service ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Microsoft to certify and support SUSE Linux !
    ... not 10 that you can choose to install at boot time. ... Yes, choice is the motto of the Linux world, but it does not force you to use a distro that gives you all the options. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: VMware
    ... boot time would result in much lower maintinance. ... "install" were broken, a reboot fixes it. ... Second is licensing--you'll still need a Windows ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Registry Issues and more
    ... I do NOT load Office at boot time. ... It is impossible for that to be untrue. ... Install MS Office and check the boot time again. ... or by using any effective registry cleaner software.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)