Re: Public keys - again.

On Thursday 14 December 2006 14:04, Craig White wrote:
On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 11:12 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
Realising that I hadn't installed lshw since I installed FC6, I tried to
get it today and came up once again against the public key problem. I'll
never get the hang of this :-( I followed the link on freshrpm's web
page and saved the file, then ran 'rpm --import path/to/file' which
appeared to put it into the right place, but still the package wouldn't
install because it said there was no public key. Wondering whether the
problem was because something was broken in my repo setup - out of date,
perhaps - I removed the repo and reinstalled it. Still no joy. Just
what is it that I have forgotten?

----
Is this what you are looking for?

rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmforge-*

I don't know, Craig. Is it? Since the web page said RPM-GPG-KEY-freshrpms I
tried

rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-freshrpms

which appeared to be accepted, but still I get

Public key for lshw-2.09-1.fc6.rf.i386.rpm is not installed

despite

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1396 Dec 14
15:47 /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-freshrpms

Is rpmforge a later version of freshrpms? If so, I'll have to look again for
the release.rpm and key file for that.

Anne