Re: Fedora 6 is not able to install in PIII, 256MB SD RAM, 1.3GHz

Just Do it wrote:
Thanks *Jensen for quick reply!!!

I tried.. the same...no office..dev..and server....but fails..
tried with only KDE...only GNOME...but fails...

Also tried to deselect few un-neccsary package..from custum installation...but fails..

:*( Not working!!!
*
On 1/11/07, *R. Jensen* <linuxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:linuxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Just Do it wrote:
> Fedora 6 installation is not working in PIII, 256MB SD RAM(2
stick), 1.3GHz

> Each time I try to install it hang during the installation
time...every
> time at different location....
>
> I try with all possible option available in fedora 6 I
guess....still
> fails..

I have installed FC6 + Eclipse on a 5GB partition on an old Dell
Inspiron 4100 laptop: 256MB of RAM, Pentium III, etc.

I used the graphical installer, from the DVD image of FC6 which I had
used successfully before to install on an old HP Pavilion [Also a
Pentium III
but with 320MB RAM].

However, for the laptop install I unchecked ALL packages (no
office/productivity)
and only after the install succeeded did I install Eclipse and the
GCC tool chain
/libraries.

I don't know if that will help or not.

Richard.

Hold the phone.

How much memory can your motherboard accept? 256 MB sounds like half the capacity that a Pentium-3 motherboard ought to have.

The first thing--the /very/ first thing--that I do when acquiring a new system is to equip the motherboard with as much memory as it will accept and recognize. 512 MB /minimum/ is what I would recommend.

Temlakos

  • Re: Could this be a hardware problem?
    ... > I'm setting up a small workstation based on an AlphaPC 164LX motherboard ... I choose the option to install Windows NT. ... > says the memory is expandable up to 512MB only, ...
    (comp.sys.dec)
  • Re: motherboard versus DDR2 memory mixup
    ... The memory I bought before the motherboard got here was DDR2 800mhz ... I boot from CD and start the install. ... floppy drive since this motherboard does nto support a classic floppy ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Computer wont boot up after installing new RAM
    ... I even took a look at an old Gigabyte motherboard ... DDR2 memory stick, the notch does not line up. ... "To install the memory module, ... into the motherboard RAM slots. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Toshiba Satellite 315 CDS
    ... To remove the keboard, pry up the trim piece over the keyboard, starting on the right edge of the computer. ... There are some mostly inconsequential differnces between the earlier 300/310 and the later 320/330 series, the 320/330's being slightly later and using a different BIOS, but for most purpose they can otherwise all be considered to be identical except for CPU speed (also, the 300/305's only have 16 megabytes of memory on the motherboard, all of the later ones have 32 MB on the motherboard). ... The 320's and 330's can run Windows XP if you install lots of memory and an adequately large hard drive. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: building a new DIY PC
    ... I will install the Zalman CNPS9700 LED cooler now before bringing into the ... I can go buy a bunch of other parts so I could tell myself if it's the CPU ... chip, motherboard, RAM sticks, which the RAM stick are brand new also, ... shouldn't be a problem now with the CPU chip and motherboard. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)