Re: Trying to do updates

On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 13:46 +0000, John Bowden wrote:
I'm having a lot of problems trying to update my system. The latest
being this error message

*** Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: livna

software updater won't start and gives same message. Yum from the
command line gives similar message. I set up the livna repository by
typing in the command from their web site ("rpm -ivh
http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-6.rpm";) and all was working up to
about a week or so ago. I have managed to do most of the updates from
the other repositories and now kaffeine is broke and won't work with my
dbvt card complaining about codacs and couldn't find demux, I suspect
due to the livna address being broke. How do I fix the livna problem?

Managed to get most of it sorted. I used kyum to remove the livna rpm
and reinstalled it. Did the updates, it had a problem with kmod-ntfs
saying it was clashing with the one already installed and vlc. Kaffeine
is now working with my dvb-t usb box now

  • Re: x264 RPM installed/not installed
    ... are from livna, so that includes mencoder and mplayer. ... So when I go checking to see what is installed via cmd yum I should see ... The naming of the x264 package from Fedora makes yum think that it's newer ... Until either Livna updates the name of their package to indicate that it's ...
    (Fedora)
  • Trying to do updates
    ... command line gives similar message. ... I set up the livna repository by ... due to the livna address being broke. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Missing dependencies on latest updates
    ... Bug Livna or wait for the updates to bubble up. ... > packages or submit a bug report to Livna. ... needed libraries. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: FC6 update mystery
    ... development, dries, livna and livna development defined. ... updates that the system is offering me. ... My experience of FCx from since FC2 and with many other distros, mixing repos ...
    (Fedora)
  • Fedora 4 Error in Transaction while setting Up Updates;
    ... I have been trying to update Fedora core either via Red hat network or ... I also tried disabling all repos and leaving just one at a time to do ... Some of the repos don't seem to have any available updates. ... Livna appears to have a long list of updates for my system but produces ...
    (Fedora)