Re: Disable in X the restart/shutdown by user. How?

I'm still a week behind in reading up on all the various mailinglists,
but from a quick scan I think this has not been answered yet, at least
not in the way that works for me.

What works, is to configure gdm. Gnome seems to use that configuration
too for displaying shutdown/reboot in the menu and on the logout box.
Edit /etc/gdm/custom.conf and set SystemMenu=false (I'm not sure if the
original contained a line SystemMenu=true, if so, change it, else add
the line, it's in the [greeter] section

That takes care of the settings in Gnome. On FC5 it also removed the
shutdown and reboot buttons from the gdm login screen, as one would
expect. In FC6, these buttons are still there, but they don't work.
I guess that qualifies as a bug but I had not bothered to file it in
bugzilla yet.

(BTW: if anyone cares: the bug is in the FedoraDNA gdm theme; I'll look
up my notes and file the bug in bugzilla)

David Jansen