Re: Bash globbing files only?

with Bash one can list directories (excluding dot dirs) like this:

ls [^.]*/

How can I list files instead of directories with Bash? I thought
this
would be trivial but I can't find a solution anywhere.

I don't think that it can be done with bash, but if you don't mind
switching to zsh -- another extended version of the Bourne shell --
it does become trivial:

~% ls *(.) # list only plain files
~% ls *(/) # list only directories
~% ls *(*) # list only executable files

Yes, I am painfully aware of the power of zsh :) But in this case I
need to do my script with bash and it seems that although globbing for
directories is trivial ( */ ) there is no similar pattern to match
files. Oh, well, I guess I'll need to waste some CPU cycles and launch
find everytime I need to know file names in the current directory.

Thanks.