system hangs with all-generic-ide & irqpoll
- From: David Scriven <davidwriter@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 17:13:07 -0800 (PST)
I am still battling with my Intel DG965 motherboard and getting Linux to
recognise the ide compnents - the DVD & 2nd hard drive.
I'm using the latest kernel 2.6.19, but that still doesn't recognise the
ide or PATA components. While using all-generic-ide & irqpoll does
allow those items to be recognised the system runs slower and
will freeze randomly, requiring a reboot. I use kde as my desktop.
Switching the SATA to AHCI is really not an option as that will
require reinstallation of systems (this is a dual boot system).
Incidentally, the much-loathed Windows works perfectly and
I have applied the latest BIOS updates from Intel, so other
than wait for a kernel update, what to do?
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
fedora-list mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
- Prev by Date: Re: Swap Partition Problem
- Next by Date: Re: The Case of the Missing Characters
- Previous by thread: Ack! I've been rooted...
- Next by thread: Re: system hangs with all-generic-ide & irqpoll