Ubuntu 1, Fedora 0
- From: Timothy Murphy <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:38:33 +0000
Yesterday I downloaded and burnt the Ubuntu Live CD (6.06),
and it worked like perfectly on the 4 machines I tried it on.
The rather ancient version of Knoppix I have
also works perfectly on all the machines I have tried it on.
I downloaded and burnt the Fedora-7 Test Live CD some time ago,
and this does not boot on any machine I've tried it on.
I asked a few weeks ago if anyone had successfully booted from this CD,
but I only got advice on how to test the CD;
nobody replied that they had actually got it to work.
In my experience there is something basically wrong
with the CD reading part of Fedora CDs,
as many people report problems installing Fedora this way.
e-mail (<80k only): tim /at/ birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366
s-mail: School of Mathematics, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
fedora-list mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
- Prev by Date: Re: CentOS 5 Beta dual boot with FC7T2 (unsatisfying)
- Next by Date: Re: updates from 15.03.07 broken??
- Previous by thread: Nautilus limits?
- Next by thread: Re: Ubuntu 1, Fedora 0