Ubuntu 1, Fedora 0

Yesterday I downloaded and burnt the Ubuntu Live CD (6.06),
and it worked like perfectly on the 4 machines I tried it on.

The rather ancient version of Knoppix I have
also works perfectly on all the machines I have tried it on.

I downloaded and burnt the Fedora-7 Test Live CD some time ago,
and this does not boot on any machine I've tried it on.

I asked a few weeks ago if anyone had successfully booted from this CD,
but I only got advice on how to test the CD;
nobody replied that they had actually got it to work.

In my experience there is something basically wrong
with the CD reading part of Fedora CDs,
as many people report problems installing Fedora this way.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

  • Re: [SLE] SUSE 9.3: buggy as hell
    ... > whether to stick with SuSE. ... > Centos, Fedora, Ubuntu, etc. ... I don't know where the final bug was.. ... loaded 9.3 on one of these same machines yesterday and it took 3 ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Samba wont dance (more info)
    ... act as a DHCP server - my machines in the basement are plugged directly into ... I next opened up the smbk4 utility and ran a network scan; ... why can't Fedora do that? ... the firewall blocks one of those ports, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Problem with first fedora install
    ... wish we could find someone with the background to fix this. ... I have several machines waiting on Fedora Core 2 because ... I am not yet enough of a kernel ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: NoMachines client access to Gnome on F7 (Alex) (Tim) (Alex)
    ... so the Fedora machines seem to be forwarding their names to the router ... whether or not it can function as a DNS. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Catch-22 : wide monitor -- Surprise!
    ... were mythical beasts when even the newest of my machines were built. ... After much tedious labor and more bitter cursing, I got Fedora ... the partitioning, choice of hard drives (id est, protection of that poor ... I'll never install Fedora again -- and I may ...
    (Fedora)