Re: Recipe for Li-Ion battery longevity

Tim wrote:

Standard advice for rechargeable batteries is to use them, you get your
money's worth that way. If you don't make use of them, it's a waste.

I'm not sure what this means.
Surely most people will use a laptop
(or indeed any device with a rechargeable battery)
if they have one?
What else would you do with it?

What I find amazing about this endless discussion
is that it must be the simplest thing in the world
for a lab to work out which usage gives the longest life.
On the other hand, it is difficult for a person with one
or even a few laptops to run an experiment on these lines.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

  • Re: OT American parenting.
    ... Worth the read. ... a waste of bullets and a laptop. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Recipe for Li-Ion battery longevity
    ... money's worth that way. ... If you don't make use of them, it's a waste. ... (or indeed any device with a rechargeable battery) ... My daughter bought a new laptop some years back, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Nice people to do business with
    ... that lot to some cheap and chearful piece of junk built down to a price, ... My Sony Vaio laptop, bought new around the same time for a similar ... very sight of a Vista disc, is worth 50 quid, if I'm lucky. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: FS: Fujitsu Pi1505 Core Duo Laptop
    ... Well no wonder, i dont need you to tell me what you think my laptop might be worth, especially not in the manner you did it. ... I dont see how the "truth" hurts, as i said i didnt realise laptops were that cheap anymore, i just advertised it with what i thought the going rate was looking at ebay. ... Intel GMA 950 Graphics ...
    (uk.adverts.computer)
  • Re: Which local user accounts?
    ... Tim ... > Set up the laptop for the domain. ... > Now do what Susan suggested and create a local account for her on the ... > assuming you have 2 NICs in your SBS so the router is outside your SBS ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)