Re: Network Printer on Fedora
- From: David Fletcher <fc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:04:09 +0100
At 16:26 26/04/2007, you wrote:
Sorry for the last topic hijack post.
Just in time to avoid the virtual wrist-slap!
Could someone point me to a good reference for setting up a Network Printer on Fedora? I want to use Samba as a print server.
I'm in the middle of trying to work out how to set up a new server right now. Using Dapper Drake =-O (sh... don't tell everybody) because of the Long Term Support policy. Hardware is built from a Jetway fanless mainboard, SATA HDD and case.
It's running CUPS without any samba installed, and works just fine with both XP (which needs manual configuration of the printers) and FC5 (which needs no configuration - it auto detects the printer queues and "Just Works"). XP needs to know nothing about the printers except the paper size - it uses the generic postscript driver.
I'm a total amateur at this but if you want it I have a zip file of notes of what I did. Contact me off list if you want a copy.
fedora-list mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
- Prev by Date: Re: whats with this love of kaffiene?
- Next by Date: Re: whats with this love of kaffiene?
- Previous by thread: Network Printer on Fedora
- Next by thread: Re: Network Printer on Fedora