Re: Having an Evolution and Mail notification Problem?

Les Mikesell wrote:
Robin Laing wrote:

Cut out all the other stuff.

I am watching Openchange and the progress of their MAPI lib to see if it can be used regularly. I have also submitted the info the the TB site to see if they could start using it.

If IT would only give IMAP or POP access to the Exchange Server, all would be good.

Yes, exchange is a surprisingly good IMAP server (2000 or later anyway), but you can't get the calendar that way and if there are a lot of public folders on the server you need a client that can be configure to only show subscribed folders (apple mail can't...). I think everything should work through imaps too if your admin is concerned about security.
You might be able to set up a server-side rule to forward or copy to another server that would be easier to use. I use gmail for most mail list traffic but pick it up with fetchmail so I can access it with imap. This would also let me sort with procmail if I wanted.

Our IT staff are being told by someone new to the organization that it is exchange and only exchange. No forwarding or anything else. They even toasted our mail lists and supports mail lists for a few months.

No Imap, No pop. This even upsets our local IT staff.

I think the issues that I am having but you don't experience are because I am not using Imap. I find Evolution works just like Outlook which I hated worse than Internet Explorer in those few months I used Windows. I played and played with all the settings for checking mail and processing mail.

What I found was slowing the system down in regards to using filters was it took forever to scan the messages and process them. I am not the only person having these issues here. Even one of our IT members has the same issues.

I will look at setting up an imap server on my computer once I install FC7.

As for hotkeys, I don't really need them.

I won't look at Evolution until I see some changes that make it worth my time. I really hate the way addresses are shown in the compose applet. I prefer the individual line for each address. I also don't like the date display for messages. I find the "Today, Yesterday ..." to be confusing and distracting when I am scanning lists. But that is my personal preference. I still like Pine and use it for most of my system admin mail. :)

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
anything that is a priority, please phone.

  • Re: Exchange Disaster Recovery Server
    ... The backup server is setup also in the lab so I ... >>> The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. ... >>> Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)
  • Re: Mail sitting in E2k3->E2k7 (Routing Group Connctor) Queue?
    ... I also have similar problem when some of the users somehow still sending to the old Routing group connectors? ... Looking at the Headers and the Queue on the 2003 server, ... Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 will delay. ... Seems like I would also need a Routing Connector on the 2000 to bridge to ...
  • Re: How to turn on iMAP for the iPhone
    ... Blackberry which we got working with exchange ok ... should this be the public one or the internal one for the server ... Port 25 is for SMTP and has nothing to do with IMAP, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: Setting up IMAP on exchange 2003 server
    ... Exchange server after the telnet, and then you should get 220 OK responses ... IMAP is just the mailbox retrieval part. ... users are unable to send emails. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Exchange 2003 SP1 periodicaly losses connection to active directory for about 30 minutes
    ... We have active directory in two servers but the mail server fails to ... the promotion of the server to active directory the exchange was up. ... After a Domain Controller is promoted to a Global Catalog, ...