Re: Windows shares on F7

On Monday 02 July 2007 10:02:50 Weiner, Michael wrote:
Fellow list readers -

I am running F7 on an x86_64 box, and have an application (Pro/E) that i
am using for some design work. My work group has a windows share that i
need to save my work to, and was wondering what the easiest method is to
make a samba share show up in the linux filesystem so that it will show
up in the application?

Any ideas would be appreciated
Michael

===================================

Cleveland Clinic is ranked one of the top 3 hospitals in
America by U.S.News & World Report. Visit us online at
http://www.clevelandclinic.org for a complete listing of
our services, staff and locations.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use
law. If the reader of this message is not the intended
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please
its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. Thank you.

It's been awhile since I've done anything like this, but I seem to remember
using smbmount:

NAME

smbmount - mount an smbfs filesystem

SYNOPSIS

smbmount {service} {mount-point} [-o options]

  • RE: More along the lines of malware disinfection
    ... drive clean with fdisk), don't forget to: ... Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use ... delivering the message to the intended recipient, ... copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: More along the lines of malware disinfection
    ... just one piece of malware can do to a system. ... Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use ... delivering the message to the intended recipient, ... copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: SATA DVD mounting issues
    ... Yes Terry dmesg sees the device when the workstation is booted up, ... Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use ... delivering the message to the intended recipient, ... copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: Windows shares on F7
    ... I am running F7 on an x86_64 box, and have an application (Pro/E) that ... Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use ... delivering the message to the intended recipient, ... copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: how to identify 32 vs 64 bit CPU?
    ... irrelevant junk by accident. ... Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use ... delivering the message to the intended recipient, ... copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. ...
    (Fedora)