Re: Bizarre connections from and to a FC7 unattended

On 25/07/07, Thomas TS <ttsoares@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
stan wrote:
> It is possible, depending on how you are logging the TCP packets
> that you are seeing failed attempts rather than actual connections.

> Then run it with the fresh copy to see if it finds any infestations.
> Not perfect, but should catch crackers that aren't skilled.

This is a brand new install.
Never was exposed to the Internet directly, always behind a NAT.

Yum auto-update is running and working fine.

What i can not accept is a huge UPload from this system to one of those
suspect IPs, from a process not started by me !!!

What name does the process have?

  • Re: Build Your Own
    ... You lose time, as you are re-inventing the wheel, so to speak. ... And, depending on how well you like the libraries you can purchase/download, it might be a better option. ... the logging values required. ... well as error logging methods, which allow me to collect error values ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: log4j, tomcat and multiple webapps
    ... PeterH wrote: ... I have a number of different webapps deployed which are all logging to the ... same log file, depending on which one is started first and how the server ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: After changing -> windows integrated authentication -> connection very slow
    ... Thomas, I''ve seen some of your posts regarding IIS & wanted to know if I ... could ask you a question regarding logging on to IIS remotely and providing ... Once the connection is established and kept ... >> from anonymous login to windows integrated authentication (the local ...
  • Re: Where are passwords kept in Windows XP
    ... Depending on what you want to do, this freeware program may help: ... > When logging on to different internet sites it asks you if you want ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: sonics are sending kurt thomas to the shams...
    ... they're going to miss Barry enough to offset any gain Thomas gives them. ... I could see someone nabbing Barry first though, he's been very good this year. ... When he clears waivers, is it the usual process where teams have first crack at him depending on record, poorest to best? ... Depending on how much they continue to flounder they could be well behind SA in record and therefore ahead in the waivers claims line. ...
    (alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers)