PDAs, parallel printers and USB automounted drives

Karl Larsen wrote:
The early work is going on with Fedora 8 while we on Fedora 7 do not have the stocking software for a Palm PDA working,

Fedora 8 works alright for me. I do not have a PDA so I do not experience the bug. I do have a NOMAD jukebox which was fixed to work with input provided back to the developer. Report the problem to the correct component in bugzilla.
Remember that the developer would take a bug report containing relevant to problem titles and bug descriptions compared to reports like "Strange Things Going On" or similar titles.

all new yummed kernels make it impossible to use automount of USB
devices

I'll have to try a USB device in "Fedora 8 2B" and see if it works. I have none handy for development testing. For Fedora 7, I can try that at work.

and yummed cups will break your printing if your using a parallel port.

The feature should still be there for parallel printers. Report the bug as to the functionality still being required and what effects it has on your system functionality regarding printing. I am sure the functionality will be restored.

So Fedora 8 is gearing up with Fedora 7 still broken. This seems to me as a really stupid way to run a railroad.

Think release cycle with a time based snapshot of current developmental progress. It would be more obvious if specific time references were used. But could you imagine a "Fedora 2007 premiere" for the first half of the year and "Fedora 2007 conclusion" for the remaining portion of the year. (Of course, not to be confused with w9x,2000)

Jim

--
"Oh dear, I think you'll find reality's on the blink again."
-- Marvin The Paranoid Android

  • Re: FC2 doubtful quality?
    ... have to argue in context. ... > recall submitting a bug report on that file as far back as april of 2003: ... > suddenly stopped working in FC2. ... understand before you choose Fedora for your system. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: ps2 mouse pointer wanders away
    ... I thought I'd ssh the whole file over to this box, to prove it, and discovered in the process that, while the interface was set up properly by the installer, the hosts file was set up to tell the fedora 9 box that it was the external interface of my dsl router. ... That boggled my mind enough that I forgot to take a copy of what I found in /etc/hosts, so I'm going to have a hard time filing a decent bug report on it. ... I expect that we'll end up proving that the whole idea of access control lists is a specification level bug, but only time will tell, and I really can't think of any other way of proving it is, other than to subject a mixed technical user group like this to the spec. ... I found an example of the mouse definition section on the web, but the problem now is getting the box back on the web first. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 60, Issue 181
    ... Problem with keyboard layout in kvm virtual machine ... Gnome scanner utility crashes, no Bugzilla component ... Damaged xterm in Fedora 10 ... This bug is 4½ years old... ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Difference between Debian and other flavours of Linux
    ... These distributions do, by their very nature, lag ... If I could add my 2 small currency units worth to this, I think Fedora is great, but in my so far very limited experience of submitting reports to bugzilla, fixes are much slower than I was expecting. ... It has been looked at by Jindrich Novy, who has decided to reassign the bug to a kernel issue. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Fedora Bug Day Tomorrow: Aprl 07 2004: Im not quite dead...
    ... What: Fedora Bug Day: ... in an effort to make it marginally easier for developers to navigate the ... in the last day for the package you want to watch. ...
    (Fedora)