Failure starting compiz

When I attempt to start compiz (using Fedora 7), it fails with the
following console output:

gtk-window-decorator: Could not acquire decoration manager selection on screen 0 display ":0.0"

(process:9514): GLib-WARNING **: GError set over the top of a previous GError or uninitialized memory.
This indicates a bug in someone's code. You must ensure an error is NULL before it's set.
The overwriting error message was: File not found
compiz: Failed to load slide: fedora-logo

(process:9514): GLib-WARNING **: GError set over the top of a previous GError or uninitialized memory.
This indicates a bug in someone's code. You must ensure an error is NULL before it's set.
The overwriting error message was: File not found
compiz: Failed to load slide: /usr/share/pixmaps/fedora-logo

Since it works fine using another account on the same machine, I figure
there are probably some configuration settings somewhere that have
gotten hosed. But "rm -rf ~/.gconf/apps/compiz" doesn't fix things, and
I'm not sure where else to look.

Any ideas?

--
Braden McDaniel e-mail: <braden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>