Failure starting compiz

When I attempt to start compiz (using Fedora 7), it fails with the
following console output:

gtk-window-decorator: Could not acquire decoration manager selection on screen 0 display ":0.0"

(process:9514): GLib-WARNING **: GError set over the top of a previous GError or uninitialized memory.
This indicates a bug in someone's code. You must ensure an error is NULL before it's set.
The overwriting error message was: File not found
compiz: Failed to load slide: fedora-logo

(process:9514): GLib-WARNING **: GError set over the top of a previous GError or uninitialized memory.
This indicates a bug in someone's code. You must ensure an error is NULL before it's set.
The overwriting error message was: File not found
compiz: Failed to load slide: /usr/share/pixmaps/fedora-logo

Since it works fine using another account on the same machine, I figure
there are probably some configuration settings somewhere that have
gotten hosed. But "rm -rf ~/.gconf/apps/compiz" doesn't fix things, and
I'm not sure where else to look.

Any ideas?

--
Braden McDaniel e-mail: <braden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<http://endoframe.com> Jabber: <braden@xxxxxxxxxx>

  • Re: Fedora 12 - compiz ruined by updates
    ... This Fedora box is my web server, learning machine for Linux, FTP server, ... It is not a dedicated server, if it was, I would not install X ... with compiz to make it neat and cool. ... I did the updates as they came ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Fedora 12 - compiz ruined by updates
    ... I did the updates as they came ... Are you sure that it's Compiz that's broken? ... installed Fedora 12. ... filesystems - and ext3 has both data and metadata journaling, ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: FC2 doubtful quality?
    ... have to argue in context. ... > recall submitting a bug report on that file as far back as april of 2003: ... > suddenly stopped working in FC2. ... understand before you choose Fedora for your system. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: ps2 mouse pointer wanders away
    ... I thought I'd ssh the whole file over to this box, to prove it, and discovered in the process that, while the interface was set up properly by the installer, the hosts file was set up to tell the fedora 9 box that it was the external interface of my dsl router. ... That boggled my mind enough that I forgot to take a copy of what I found in /etc/hosts, so I'm going to have a hard time filing a decent bug report on it. ... I expect that we'll end up proving that the whole idea of access control lists is a specification level bug, but only time will tell, and I really can't think of any other way of proving it is, other than to subject a mixed technical user group like this to the spec. ... I found an example of the mouse definition section on the web, but the problem now is getting the box back on the web first. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 60, Issue 181
    ... Problem with keyboard layout in kvm virtual machine ... Gnome scanner utility crashes, no Bugzilla component ... Damaged xterm in Fedora 10 ... This bug is 4½ years old... ...
    (Fedora)