Re: hp Pavillion dv6000 Install issues (Fedora 7)

Kevin Kempter wrote:
Hi List;

A friend of mine bought an HP Pavillion dv6000 (Nvidia and 64bit AMD)

I've managed to get Fedora 7 to install but upon reboot at the end of the install the boot eventually goes to a blank screen.

Is there an easy way to get the nvidia drivers installed ?

I thought I might be able to go into single user mode and use yum, so I tried this:

(1) at the boot screen pressed a key to edit the boot parameters, pressed 'a' to modify the kernel args and added 'single' at the end of the boot line (to go into single user/command line mode)

(2) ran ifup etho (success)

(3) ran yum -y update and got a number of errors followed by:
raise sqlite.DatabaseError, "Older version of yum sqlite"
sqlite.3.DatabaseError: Older version of yum sqlite

Any advice would be much appreciated...

Thanks in advance.

My Navidia computer came up ok without the driver. It was a poor image but it was usable. A blank screen is a problem. In anycase I yum installed a navidia driver but right now I do not recall it's name. You might try on your computer and try to yum the RPM to your computer but not install. I used like yum install nvidia.

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

  • Re: Dependencies problem while upgrading
    ... nvidia module, I would rather switch to the Nouveau driver. ... I used yum for installing. ... I understand Fedora can't say how to install it, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Distrowatch: What went wrong with Fedora Core 4
    ... >> and it was repeated during this most recent yum session. ... >> get a boot that could run yum. ... Is the one in this FC4 install ... Likewise the 9 iso's on this machines drives are gone, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Fedora home server using core 9
    ... See SL.documentation for Upstream vendor release notes. ... also install java-1.5.0-sun-compat ... These are dependencies of the above rpms. ... Yumex is a graphical user interface for yum. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: CONFIG_4KSTACKS in mm2?
    ... booted up and installed nvidia kernel for it. ... up with a trashed HD which needed reformatiing and a fresh install. ... I've had odd hangs during boot. ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Upgrade without CD/Floppy?
    ... possible to upgrade to FC5 without a CD or Floppy? ... I have no experience doing yum upgrades, ... My preference when updating to a new version is to do a fresh install ... If you can boot from a usb device, ...
    (Fedora)