Re: Fedora 8 runlevel 3

Bill Geng wrote:
I just installed Fedora 8 on my desktop computer. My computer gets an
IP address from my router which runs a DHCP server. It works at
runlevel 5. I can access the Internet. After I changed the default
runlevel from 5 to 3, my network interface cannot be bring up
automatically. I have to run "ifup eth0" manually to get an IP
address. Anyone can help me out.

I've had this problem too for one of my servers that runs nessus on Fedora8. I solved it by stopping the NetworkManager service and starting the "network" service.

# chkconfig NetworkManager off
# chkconfig network on
# service NetworkManager stop
# service network start

--
Regards,
विवेक ज. पाटणकर (Vivek J. Patankar)

Registered Linux User #374218
Fedora release 7 (Moonshine)
Linux 2.6.22.4-65.fc7 x86_64

  • Re: Fedora 8 runlevel 3
    ... IP address from my router which runs a DHCP server. ... runlevel from 5 to 3, my network interface cannot be bring up ... I solved it by stopping the NetworkManager service and starting the "network" service. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Fedora 8 runlevel 3
    ... IP address from my router which runs a DHCP server. ... runlevel from 5 to 3, my network interface cannot be bring up ... the "network" service. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Fedora 8 runlevel 3
    ... runlevel from 5 to 3, my network interface cannot be bring up ... the "network" service. ... # chkconfig NetworkManager off ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: WAP54Gs with WPA not handing out IPs from SBS2003 server
    ... Do you have enough IP addresses in the DHCP pool on the DHCP server? ... There's not even 50 machines total on the network. ... I'll assume you're running Windoze XP Home using Wireless Zero Config ... With the PCMCIA card, it's the WZC software. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)