Nvidia again

To get my new F8 to run at all I used the Nvidia provided system that worked fine. But then I decided to try the Fedora way. Now I can't even get on F8 because the nvidia from Fedora finds the day-old driver and instead of deleting it it errors out. Great design guys!

It appears I will have to 1. Remove the nvidia rpm I just spent hours getting, or find out how I can manually remove the dam thing! Modules used to live above /usr/lib/ but no more. I have not found them even on F7. What am I missing?

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

  • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 44, Issue 273
    ... Re: nvidia ... who updates them for new versions of Linux and/or Fedora. ... the few closed source drivers I have used ... Both USB memory drives, and USB hard drives work fine as long as ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: fedora-list Digest, Vol 3, Issue 437
    ... FC2 ate my system ... Changing the JVM that Tomcat uses ... Fedora again it should just work. ... Subject: feedback to NVidia ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 44, Issue 273
    ... Integrated storage solutions such as those that MTI DataServices and MTI Vivant provide to ... Re: nvidia ... who updates them for new versions of Linux and/or Fedora. ... the few closed source drivers I have used ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 44, Issue 273
    ... In this example, the database server must ... Re: nvidia ... who updates them for new versions of Linux and/or Fedora. ... the few closed source drivers I have used ...
    (Fedora)