UPnP attack

Hi, guys,
I just got this from a Tech Republic newsletter:
http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/tech-news/?p=1902

Basically it notes a form of attack using port forwarding by use of
Flash and Javacode. However, probably other scripting languages could
be used. It is not OS or browser dependent, but rather depends on the
standard protocols of UPnP and and the Flash plug-in programing
capability.

Thought you might be interested.

Regards,
Les H

  • Re: UPnP attack
    ... I just got this from a Tech Republic newsletter: ... Basically it notes a form of attack using port forwarding by use of ... Flash and Javacode. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Attacking the local LAN via XSS
    ... perform cross domain requests, however this is fixed in Flash 8. ... vulnerable to XSS url that will embed Java Object which will perform ... More sophisticated attack vectors are also ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Cleaning a computer - any other views here?
    ... but it isn't a likely attack route. ... The method varies ... then look into your motherboard's flash update ... And don't forget your tinfoil helmet to keep aliens from controlling ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: OK, this is driving my batfuck crazy.
    ... expensive camera and flash them. ... The riders, blinded by the flash, will ... run around and only attack you if they recover, ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.nethack)
  • Re: AT&T to limit unlimited data plans to 5GB a month?
    ... because following a url redirection such as ... tinyurl's and such is an invitation to attack on the worst end, ... For example, the new Flash ...
    (alt.cellular.cingular)