Re: Good bye

Chris Jones wrote:

But that has nothing to do with my point about enabling the user to install additional software which is why I have an operating system in the first place.

Everyone here knows the deal with Fedora. They don't promote non OSS software for partly legal and (in my opinion, might be wrong) partly philosophical reasons against closed source.

My point has nothing to do with promoting anything or whether the additional software meets your religious beliefs or not. It is strictly about providing a user with a platform that is not limited by design or its inability to provide stable interfaces.

Most people here probably also know you insist of bringing this up in one guise or another every now and then and I don't expect us to get any further this time, so please people don't bait him this time... Time you move on from this gripe (perhaps to Ubuntu yourself ;))

If you think I've ever suggested that fedora 'promote' some other software you aren't paying attention.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx

  • X - no mouse/pointer
    ... Identifier "single head configuration" ... Build Operating System: Fedora 8 Red Hat, ... I have the latest updates installed, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Mandriving Test
    ... Fedora did. ... Mandriva found the existing operating system and repartitioned the windows ... said I had to drop to a command line to install it.. ... Thanks John. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: OT: Two ways Microsoft sabotages Linux desktop adoption
    ... I tried Windows when it was v2.0 and crashed so often DOS apps were more attractive. ... I became disillusioned with Microsoft when they started bullying companies, created the registry fiasco, rushed incomplete products to market, and has produced an operating system so insecure it spawned an industry of virus / adware / spyware software companies. ... The XP Pro install took over three hours from start to finish where a typical Fedora installation took me just about an hour. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: FC3 sucks. It takes up too much memory!
    ... So if OpenOffice is part of Fedora it seems to me its ... Claiming that an "everything" install is bloated is just silly... ... "XP is bloated" is a remark about an operating system. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Good bye
    ... install additional software which is why I have an operating system in the first place. ... Everyone here knows the deal with Fedora. ... They don't promote non OSS software for partly legal and partly philosophical reasons against closed source. ...
    (Fedora)