Re: pictures in linux openoffice writer dispeared in windows word

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 18:24 -0600, Chris Mohler wrote:
On Jan 30, 2008 12:03 AM, Lux Zhang <yuanlux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I created a document using an openoffice writer in linux. I copied
some pictures from web sites, paste to this ducument, then saved as,
eg, windows word 2000. When I opened this word document using windows
word, the pictures all dispeared. but there were ok if it was open
using openoffice writer in linux.
how to fix this?

Install OpenOffice on the windows machine :)

If you just need to display the document on windows (not edit it),
export a PDF from OpenOffice. I usually get very good results with
PDF export. Or try saving as XML or an older version of DOC.

Did you actually paste the images into the document or did you paste
LINKS to the images in the document? If it's links, the images won't
show up anywhere except on the same machine they're located on.

  • Re: Linux
    ... pictures from my camera, made data base entries from business cards, ... I dont have the same comfort levels with Linux yet..but then..when I ... Linux in its various distributions..is starting to give Windows a real ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • pictures in linux openoffice writer dispeared in windows word
    ... I created a document using an openoffice writer in linux. ... eg, windows word 2000. ... word, the pictures all dispeared. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [opensuse] Digital Camera support
    ... that his wife is using Windows, he might want to consider Picasa from Google. ... definitely an option for Linux. ... pictures up on a photo sharing site, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Savage color problems
    ... I think it is 16 bit because pictures look ... > better in windows than in linux. ... > depth of root window: ...
    (comp.os.linux.x)
  • Re: Linux is dead...It doesnt even have a pulse.
    ... by uncle Bill (only Windows, ... Others just like the nice pictures on the desktop, ... Linux is much better than you give it credit for and it does need some ...
    (alt.os.linux)