Re: How to fix mime filetype

Aaron Konstam wrote:

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 07:04 -0500, Neal Becker wrote:
I made the mistake of installing adobe's latest acroread on F8. Now,
there is no mime type for pdf:

xdg-mime query filetype *.pdf
application/octet-stream

xdg-mime query default application/x-pdf
xdg-mime query default application/pdf

System never heard of this mime type anymore.

How do I fix this?

That is strange. I also installed acroread from Adobe as an rpm.

However on my machine:

xdg-mime query filetype *.pdf
application/pdf

AdobeReader_enu.i486 0:8.1.2-1 ?

  • Re: How to fix mime filetype
    ... there is no mime type for pdf: ... xdg-mime query filetype *.pdf ... xdg-mime query default application/x-pdf ... xdg-mime query default application/pdf ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: How to fix mime filetype
    ... xdg-mime query filetype *.pdf ... xdg-mime query default application/x-pdf ... xdg-mime query default application/pdf ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Responding with images and pdf files
    ... Takk for svaret Lars: ... Yes, I could, however then the response would not be application/pdf. ... HTTP-GET, the browser is receiving data it can render directly --- pdf, ... images and style-ized XML ...
  • Re: How to fix mime filetype
    ... there is no mime type for pdf: ... xdg-mime query default application/x-pdf ... System never heard of this mime type anymore. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Help interfacing Current Transformers to ADC
    ... is", and is generated by the web server, not the file itself. ... Most web servers look at the filename suffix (.pdf) or the magic ... John's PDF would only open if I added application/pdf as a file type ... It shows (and opens) ...
    (sci.electronics.design)