Re: Slow propagation of updates to mirrors?

On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 01:28:21AM +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:
On Sat, 3 May 2008 19:19:03 -0500
Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, I've noticed that. I looked at several mirrors earlier in the UK
and US and none of them had any of these updates.

Then it's unlikely that the packages made it out of bodhi and to the
master mirror for all the other mirrors to pick up.

How does one get that fixed? I've seen at least 5 occasions where
updates notified have taken 3, 4 or more days to appear when running a
yum update.

That's a slightly different problem, one which has been discussed
recently on fedora-devel-list. Short story seems to be that the email
is generated prematurely, when the package is approved to be pushed in
bodhi, but before it is actually signed and pushed to the mirrors.
This final sign-and-push is done by a human, and the humans involved
have been pretty busy trying to fix the Fedora 9 release blocker bugs.

--
Matt Domsch
linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux

  • Re: Yum?
    ... >yum update on my desktop and the first time I ran it there were no ... >were a couple of packages but not the kernel. ... >switch to different mirrors before but not this time. ... These updates may not be exactly in ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: A little something quirky....
    ... > time - the repository over on purdue.edu always gets the Packages and ... and I did two updates in ... > mirrors in the file.) ... You can get my public key from any of the ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: FC4 does not work, out of the box for me; GUI/X11 fails
    ... > already on the mirrors so they could create them locally from the updates ... At least some of the mirrors could. ... so you have no way of verifying the ISOs. ... All the packages have been tested before going into updates. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: update issue
    ... > This happens because not all mirrors get all packages at the same time. ... > So your RHN applet may see an update but when you start up up2date or ... Eventually all the mirrors get all the updates, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [kde] All KNotes gone
    ... obsolete packages like knotes, ... When it spits out the proposed updates, I examine any USE flag changes ... Sometimes it involves running epc (a stub for emerge --changelog ... For core packages like portage or systemd, ...
    (KDE)