Realplayer 11 hijacked my nautilus icons

before someone say something funny, I know I should not have installed
this crap. But now is too late.

The consequence is that, for instance, all my nautilus icons for mp3 are now
realplayer mp4 icons (yes, mp4).

I realized that the following directories are full of real crap icons:

These icons do not belong to the real rpm. Therefore, they will not
should I remove the realplayer rpm.

There are also a lot of symbolic links, such as:

gnome-mime-audio-generic.png -> audio-generic.png (which is a real icon).

I do not even use realplayer as the default player for mp3 (I use xmms), but
it did not
reverse back the mess it has done.

I tried removing those spurius icons and rebooting, but nothing seems to
give my original icons back.

I also run

/usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache -f /usr/share/icons/hicolor/

and nothing has changed.

Does anyone have a clue on how to restore my original icons?

Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
fedora-list mailing list
To unsubscribe: