Realplayer 11 hijacked my nautilus icons
- From: "Paulo Cavalcanti" <promac@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 06:48:08 -0300
before someone say something funny, I know I should not have installed
this crap. But now is too late.
The consequence is that, for instance, all my nautilus icons for mp3 are now
realplayer mp4 icons (yes, mp4).
I realized that the following directories are full of real crap icons:
These icons do not belong to the real rpm. Therefore, they will not
should I remove the realplayer rpm.
There are also a lot of symbolic links, such as:
gnome-mime-audio-generic.png -> audio-generic.png (which is a real icon).
I do not even use realplayer as the default player for mp3 (I use xmms), but
it did not
reverse back the mess it has done.
I tried removing those spurius icons and rebooting, but nothing seems to
give my original icons back.
I also run
/usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache -f /usr/share/icons/hicolor/
and nothing has changed.
Does anyone have a clue on how to restore my original icons?
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
fedora-list mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
- Prev by Date: Re: F7 Motherboard change
- Next by Date: Problems with VNC
- Previous by thread: setup fedora-list in mail client. pls help
- Next by thread: Re: Realplayer 11 hijacked my nautilus icons