Re: Live USB creation - FROM Live CD ?

--- Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 2:25 PM, Antonio M
<antonio.montagnani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2008/5/20 Valent Turkovic
<valent.turkovic@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi,
is it possible to make live USB on a machine that
doesn't have Fedora
nor windows installed using only Live CD?

If it is please explain how.

If it is not do you think that this is a feature
worth having? Yes?
No? Explain...

Cheers,
Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
linux, blog, anime, spirituality, windsurf,

My opinion is that is not worthwhile, if you want
to work on your
laptop for example. I mean that loading F9 on an
external USB hard
disk is a good option to have a fully working
double-boot laptop, and
you have no limitation.
Unless if you want to install a minimum set on a
1GB stick......that
is really cheap

I think we didn't understand each other...
Currently you can create Live USB if you have fedora
installed on your
hard drive using livecd-tools. I'm wondering is it
possible to create
live usb for already made Live USB or from Live CD.

Cheers,
Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
registered as user #367004 with the Linux Counter,
http://counter.li.org.
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic

There exists a script called livecd 2 usb or something
like that. You need to look for it.

livecd-iso-to-disk ??

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/LiveCDHowTo

Regards,

Antonio

  • Re: Fedora 14 desktop fails install at the very end of the process stating something like, "Cant mou
    ... nodmraid" because I have clicking the Install button from the ... desktop and there is no option to type "linux nodmraid" ... Also Have you tried booting a live CD or live USB. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Going from Broadcoms sources to wireless card to WPA network
    ... On Saturday 26 February 2011 15:10:24 Suresh Govindachar wrote: ... I have gotten as far as being able to create a live usb ... The action for "make install" is: ... Will copying wl.ko to the corresponding directory on ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Live USB creation - FROM Live CD ?
    ... registered as user #367004 with the Linux Counter, ... Unless if you want to install a minimum set on a 1GB stick......that ... Currently you can create Live USB if you have fedora installed on your ...
    (Fedora)
  • Karmic upgrade to Lucid + "Install Release" on the System menu?
    ... Just did an online update on a karmic sytem to lucid ... Bring it up and it shows the same as the liveCD install process: ... live USB can be installed on this computer so you can run Ubuntu at full ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: English > Kurdish translator needed
    ... A live USB of Ubuntu, running Firefox, OpenOffice.organd the Nautilus file manager. ... Live USBs share many of the benefits and limitations of live CDs. ... The second type of live USB is closely related to a traditional operating system hard drive install with minor modifications like the elimination of swap partitions and files. ...
    (soc.culture.kurdish)