Re: Why!! does End Session default to Runlevel 3
- From: Anne Wilson <cannewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 16:56:29 +0100
On Saturday 31 May 2008 01:55:14 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Fri, 2008-05-30 at 23:54 +0000, g wrote:I don't know whether there's any relevance or not, but I tried to install
# Run xdm in runlevel 5
tells what you have for 'x-windows' manager.
Pedantry alert: prefdm configures the *desktop* manager (KDE, Gnome,
whatever), of which the X window manager is just a part (usually kwm or
metacity for KDE and Gnome respectively).
rawhide (pre-F9) onto a laptop with very low resources and a PCMCIA network
connection. I couldn't get the network connection to work - the drivers
would not install. On that system 'end session' always landed me at a text
Installing from the same disks onto a more modern box, where everything was
recognised, didn't have the same problem.
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
fedora-list mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
- Prev by Date: Re: Problem Installing VMware Tools in Fedora-9
- Next by Date: Re: F9 with ASUS EAH3450 / ATI Radeon HD3450 bad video after install screens.
- Previous by thread: Re: Why!! does End Session default to Runlevel 3
- Next by thread: Re: Why!! does End Session default to Runlevel 3