installing F9 on a DPT SCSI RAID

Hi,

I am having problems installing F9 on a machine with a SCSI RAID board DPT(i2o) SmartRaid V. What happens is that the installation procedure gives no problems, I can see the single disk produced from the three RAID-5 disks and I can partition, format and install everything, but when I reboot I get:

Unable to access resume device (/dev/i2o/hda2)
mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root/'
setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
Mount failed for selinuxfs on /selinux: No such file or directory
Switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory

as if the disk is not seen. I tried to look into the initrd image and it seems that the i2o_core module (which I think is the one used for the DPT) is there. I don't know where I can find a list of the hardware and drivers as /etc/syconfig/hwconf is not there anymore and can't find anything similar. This is my first F9 and a lot of stuff seems to be different form the old FC.

Any help?

Thanks,
GianPiero
--
GianPiero Puccioni |Istituto dei Sistemi Complessi-CNR
gianpiero.puccioni(AT)isc.cnr.it |Via Madonna del Piano, 10

  • Re: Slow boot after installing SP2
    ... >>tons of disk space. ... the time it takes his PC to get to the desktop *after* installing SP2. ... If the only change in his system was the installation of SP2, ... > Have you gone through the startup listand disabled the ones you do not ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: XP Install Problem?
    ... Did a Seagate HD test from a bootable disk and when I did a long test it ... in setup but this computers setup did not have that option. ... I even tried installing an old copy of ME but when it started ... installing it it asked me BOOT SECTOR WRITE!! ...
  • Dual G5 Leopard freeze/hang
    ... And the flakiness continues in Leopard even after I ... It turned out to be my Sonnet SATA 4+4 controller ... I then went through a long sequence of installing and uninstalling ... Eventually I realized that any disk (well, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Cannot run my antispyware or antivirus program
    ... access to the disk and/or operating system hasn't been altered such ... mal-ware used to gain control of your system in the first place. ... You use a separate operating system to avoid being had by an alteration ... installing a "helper" tool they found on some website to give them an ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Ive had to reinstall whole system several times
    ... Office SBE disk, due to house fire and moving; ... They sent a new SBE disk for a $40 fee since I ... call to Microsoft and they reluctantly gave me the Key ... forced to make the phone call to prove I'm not installing ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)