Re: Fedora 9 and VMWare Server
- From: "Kevin J. Cummings" <cummings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 21:11:42 -0400
Mike Burger wrote:
Has anyone been able to get VMWare Server running on F9?
I've installed VMWare Server from the rpm, run the config
script and everything seems to be installed correctly.
When I try to connect to the web management server, it
tells me that the server is not responding.
Noting that I've not worked, yet, with VMWare, at all, I still think the
question needs to be asked:
Did you start the VMWare server processes?
An easier question (based on how VMWare is packaged) is did you run the vmware-config.pl script that comes with the RPM? It will shutdown any running services, and compile the necessary kernel modules for your running kernel (if you haven't made them already, and, no, just installing the RPM does not do this), and then start them up again.
After that (if it was successful), you should be able to connect to the server.
Kevin J. Cummings
Registered Linux User #1232 (http://counter.li.org)
fedora-list mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
- Prev by Date: Re: that old GNU/Linux argument
- Next by Date: Re: Fedora 9 and VMWare Server
- Previous by thread: Re: Fedora 9 and VMWare Server
- Next by thread: Re: Fedora 9 and VMWare Server