Re: Cannot boot after the last updates
- From: Joel Rees <joel.rees@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 10:54:19 +0900
On Aug 16, 2008, at 10:40 AM, Craig White wrote:
On Sat, 2008-08-16 at 10:31 +0900, Joel Rees wrote:On Aug 16, 2008, at 9:52 AM, Paul Smith wrote:----
On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 8:12 PM, Craig White
After the last updates were installed, I cannot boot in my----
stops when the line
appears on the screen. Any ideas how to repair the problem? I am
probably too much to ask people to search the archives...
I do not have any rescue/installation disk. Can it be done with
Knoppix? If so, how? I have tried
# grub-install /dev/sda
Probing devices to guess BIOS drives. This may take a long time.
Could not find device for /boot: Not found or not a block device.
Well, let's hope that means grub left the drive alone.
How did you install?
And, if you've booted the box under knoppix, can you mount the
partitions with knoppix?
most importantly, he would have to chroot to get it to
Heh. I'd be likely to boot knoppix to download and burn the rescue CD image. I always seem to take the long route around.
fedora-list mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
- Prev by Date: Re: Cannot boot after the last updates
- Next by Date: Re: Cannot boot after the last updates
- Previous by thread: Re: Cannot boot after the last updates
- Next by thread: Re: Cannot boot after the last updates