Re: Unable to boot with LVM mount on USB drive (Fedora 10)

Bruce Thompson wrote:
Just got home to try it out, that did the trick nicely.

BTW for those that may have influence, would it be unreasonable to expect the default initrd to include usb-storage?

The current approach is to build initramfs images that are tailored to a specific system - only the modules actually required to get the root file system going are included by default.

You can override that using the "--with" option to mkinitrd. I think you can also set this up persistently by adding a "MODULES=" entry to /etc/sysconfig/mkinitrd.

Regards,
Bryn.

  • Re: Mini-ITX, LinuxBios and DOC
    ... >program a bootloader which initialises the motherboards regsiters, loads the ... >kernel and then can load an initrd from the doc. ... Besides the quicker boot, it doesn't buy much for your application, does it? ... >the root file system. ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • Re: waiting for root file system
    ... It was a sata disk in an external enclosure connected with USB, now it is in the same enclosure but conneceted with SATA cable. ... After 'waiting for root file system' and the 5 minute wait, initrd drops ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Re: init problems
    ... but I used custom initrd. ... Initrd is able to mount the root file system as read-only, which is what is suppose to happen. ... I thought at first that statd wasn't starting because portmap wasn't starting, but I downgraded portmap to 5-26 from etch, and now portmap will start, but statd still doesn't start. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Unable to boot with LVM mount on USB drive (Fedora 10)
    ... BTW for those that may have influence, would it be unreasonable to expect the default initrd to include usb-storage? ... The current approach is to build initramfs images that are tailored to a specific system - only the modules actually required to get the root file system going are included by default. ... That may be what I need, I'm thinking along the lines of needing to remember to re-do mkinitrd every time a new kernel comes out... ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Mini-ITX, LinuxBios and DOC
    ... program a bootloader which initialises the motherboards regsiters, loads the ... kernel and then can load an initrd from the doc. ... I will use a moduleless kernel but i wanted to have my application in the ... the root file system. ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)