Re: X locks up after a random time

On Saturday 03 January 2009 02:07, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 10:36 PM, Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
Ok, this is a Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo U9200, with Intel graphics, F10
64bit,
updated last week. KDE desktop, compiz and all, but I believe it is not
related.

The symptom: system boots up regularly, I do regular work, and after a
random
amount of time, X freezes. If compiz is on, all I can do is move the
mouse pointer. If compiz is off, even the mouse pointer is frozen. The OS
itself is
not, I can ssh from a remote machine and read logs. This is not
reproducible,
it happens too randomly and I can only sit and wait for it to happen.
However, it is extremely annoying, since it has a tendency to freeze when
I'm
in the middle of some work in progress.

You can try using

Option "AccelMethod" "XAA"

in your xorg.conf to see if there is any difference (I have never tried).

What was the command to generate xorg.conf? I saw it here in some post some
time ago, but can't find it now...

Also, in which Section of xorg.conf shoud I put the above option?

Thanks for helping! :-)
Marko