Re: Amazon Kindle and Fedora

Dave Feustel wrote:
Has anyone any experience transferring ebooks between Amazon's Kindle book
reader and Fedora using the Kindle's usb connection?

ebooks purchased from Amazon for the Kindle are DRM encumbered.

They are an evilution of mobi format with DRM. They cannot be read outside the Kindle, sorry.

However, the Kindle can read regular DRM free mobi format books, like those from Baen publishing. In which case, you would be going the other way. :)

However, I do not not have experience with a Kindle. I do my ebook reading on a Nokia N810 MID, for the very reason mentioned.

Good luck!

  • Re: Amazon Kindle and Fedora
    ... reader and Fedora using the Kindle's usb connection? ... ebooks purchased from Amazon for the Kindle are DRM encumbered. ... They are an evilution of mobi format with DRM. ... I would expect to do all my ebook reading on the Kindle. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: FOAK ? ebook readers
    ... Apart from the DRM being slightly annoying, the Kindle I've got with the keyboard has a nice clear black on white e-ink display, which actually looks like clean paper, and it needs charging after a thousand or two page turns. ... The DRM needs you to have at least one Windows or Mac registered with Amazon, and if you buy a new Kindle or computer, it can be a faff moving all your DRM books to the new one. ... Mine can be used with a clip on reading light, if reading in the dark is your thing. ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • Re: An Important Notice Regarding Wizards of the Coast PDFs
    ... the kindle. ... I really don't care who applies the DRM to the ebook. ... a collusion of sorts to coerce people to fork over their dollars when they would be much better served by some sort of used system... ...
    (rec.games.frp.dnd)
  • Re: Frage zu e-Reader
    ... Wenn Du woanders E-Books kaufst, kannst Du sie am Kindle ... Das DRM könntest Du entfernen, ... Reader herum! ...
    (de.rec.buecher)
  • Re: iPad - the best ebook reader?
    ... While doing some reading around the 'net I found a curious thing. ... For instance, you can buy books for the Kindle from other sources, ... It isn't that the various readers couldn't actually do it, ... far as DRM and licensing.. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)