Re: Sound with gstreamer-apps is unbearable

2009/1/29 Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx>:
On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 21:20 -0800, john wendel wrote:
I found that "yum remove gstreamer\*" worked great on my box. And I
don't use pulseaudio, just configure things to connect directly to
alsa. I never skips!

I do yum remove xorg-x11-\*.

The terminal never shows me the busy cursor.

Seriously tho, if as much effort went into fixing the bug as finding
workarounds, it would be fixed already.

Richard.

I am waiting that Bug 479525 - Kernel doesn't complete booting is
taken in consideration in order to test 29 series kernel that should
hopefully solve the problem with sound... but this is for rawhide
(Leonidas or F11)

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag