- From: Beartooth <Beartooth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 18:11:25 +0000 (UTC)
For the last several releases, up to and including F10, I've been
running xscreensaver exclusively, and wouldn't even install gnome-
screensaver except that xscreensaver demands it.
Usually, though, unwelcome things begin happening, particularly
as to power-saving features -- often, for instance, I come down in the
morning to find my email still up, and visible from across two rooms,
from twelve to sixteen hours before.
Whenever that happens and I click on my screensaver launcher,
invariably I get a popup saying the gnomescreensaver daemon (I think it
is) is running, and asking whether to shut it off -- followed by another
saying the xscreensaver daemon is not, and asking whether to start it.
I always say yes to both, and the screen behaves again for some
days; then it goes back to its misbehavior.
Do I have some setting set wrong??
Beartooth Staffwright, PhD, Neo-Redneck Linux Convert
Remember I know precious little of what I am talking about.
fedora-list mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
- Prev by Date: Re: Need help with Reboot cause
- Next by Date: Re: Need help with Reboot cause
- Previous by thread: Need help with Reboot cause
- Next by thread: Re: Screensavers fighting