Re: Chown ???
- From: Craig White <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 13:52:55 -0700
On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 16:33 -0400, Jim wrote:
I have a user /home/user directory that ended up with the wrong OWNERS----
of his files , I know what cause it, it was my mistake, but I'm having
problems of get Folders, Files assigned to "michael" who is the real owner.
As SU and in /home/michael folder I'am running the command;
chown -R michael:michael *
But it is not changing to owner "michael" in SOME of the folders and
files in his 'home' folders.
What command would I use ??
chmod -R michael:michael /home/user/michael
find . ! -user michael
will return all files/folders not owned by 'user' michael
(shouldn't be any)
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.
fedora-list mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
- Chown ???
- From: Jim
- Chown ???
- Prev by Date: Re: Apache Config - how to make a directory accessable ? (SOLVED)
- Next by Date: Re: Fedora and Dell Vostro
- Previous by thread: Re: Chown ???
- Next by thread: Re: Chown ???