Re: Firefox 3 hogging 90% CPU, can anything be done about this?

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 15:43:37 -0700
Craig White wrote:

fwiw - I have found the AdobeReader plugin to Firefox far more hostile
than the Flash plugin and the latest versions on i386 seem to be a bit
better behaved. In the past, I have removed the plugin
from /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins ( and found that a much better
solution but you need to repeat that each time you install an
AdobeReader update.

I agree, and I do exactly the same thing here.

Have you noticed dead-dog slow printing with acroread 9? acroread 8 prints in
a few seconds on a HP5100 printer; acroread 9 takes ten minutes or more to
print the same page.

MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~

fedora-list mailing list
To unsubscribe: