Re: Effect on ssh of altering target's assigned ip address

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 04:00:36PM -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 17:51:24 -0400
Dave Feustel wrote:

So does a change of IP address for an ssh target affect the way ssh works?

Yes and no. If sshd is set up to accept connections only from certain
addresses, then of course it will stop working if the incoming address changes
to one that is not on the authorized list.

On the other hand sshd is set up to accept a connection from any address, then
it will do exactly that.

OK. I've got everything working again and my unmanaged 1G switch is now
running only 1G ports. How do I use jumbo frames to speed things up?
Set MTU=9000?

Thanks.

  • Mysterious SSH disconnects
    ... So I use this script: http://wiki.tcl.tk/9411 to create a connection via the proxy to my sshd on port 443 at home. ... As the other connections are ssh-wrapped all the way to the sshd, this is the only place the problem can really be isolated. ... I upgraded my versions of sshd on both the server and my laptop who's usually the client. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: ssh under attack - sessions in accepted state hogging CPU
    ... my box is getting pegged because sshd is accepting some ... connections which are getting stuck in state and eating CPU. ... I know there's not much I can do about the brute force attacks, ... I did have MaxSessions set to a small number, but that essentially DoS'd my access to the server when enough sshd processes got hung. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: sshd with zombie process on FreeBSD 10.0-STABLE - workaround
    ... sshd processes. ... No associated socket with zombie process. ... I do not understand why these connections are remaining ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Securing my Linux-pc? Worried....hacked?
    ... Subject: LogWatch for localhost.localdomain ... Connections: ... Starting sshd: ... rejecting connections on daemon MTA: load average: 14 ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: OpenSSH - Dictionary Attacks
    ... > I am currently looking for a good / reliable solution that I could use ... > to implement a way in which we could drop connections that are ... firewall rule or, if sshd was built with tcpwrappers, hosts.deny. ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)