Re: Effect on ssh of altering target's assigned ip address

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 04:00:36PM -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 17:51:24 -0400
Dave Feustel wrote:

So does a change of IP address for an ssh target affect the way ssh works?

Yes and no. If sshd is set up to accept connections only from certain
addresses, then of course it will stop working if the incoming address changes
to one that is not on the authorized list.

On the other hand sshd is set up to accept a connection from any address, then
it will do exactly that.

OK. I've got everything working again and my unmanaged 1G switch is now
running only 1G ports. How do I use jumbo frames to speed things up?
Set MTU=9000?

Thanks.