Re: Apache Virtual Server [SOLVED]

I am playing with the Zend Framework on my laptop. In my reading of
Zend documentation it looks like Zend wants a certain directory structure
so I created:

The last directory 'public' wants to be the DocumentRoot
I want to set up a virtual server whose DocumentRoot is

my machine's name is confianza and it is running Fedora 10
[root@confianza conf]# uname -a
Linux confianza #1 SMP Mon Mar 23 23:37:54
EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

I set up /etc/hosts so both confianza and confianzazend resolve to
[root@confianza conf]# grep /etc/hosts localhost.localdomain localhost confianza confianzazend

My current apache web server uses /var/www/html as it's DocumentRoot and
runs fine.

[root@confianza conf]# yum list installed | grep -i http
httpd.i386 2.2.11-2.fc10
httpd-tools.i386 2.2.11-2.fc10
jakarta-commons-httpclient.i386 1:3.1-0.3.fc10
system-config-httpd.noarch 5:1.4.4-2.fc10
[root@confianza conf]# yum list installed | grep -i zend

I edited /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf as follows:
ServerName confianza:80
NameVirtualHost *:80

ServerName confianza
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"

ServerName confianzazend
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/QuickStart/public"

I then restart httpd
[root@confianza html]# service httpd restart
Stopping httpd: [ OK ]
Starting httpd: [ OK ]

I want http://confianza to return the contents of /var/www/html
I want http://confianzazend to return the contents of

What is happening is that both http://confianza and http://confianzazend
are both returning the contents of /var/www/html

I've looked at several web pages and they all say the same thing, this
should just work (TM). It seems simple enough yet my problem persists.
What else do I need to do?

Having read the entire thread, so far, I don't believe that anyone else
has actually identified the issue.

The issue is the use of:

You've got a wildcard in every "VirtualHost" declaration. As a result,
you're going to match on the very first VirtualHost, and never get past

Instead, your VirtualHost declaration needs to be specific about the
hostname (or FQDN) for which it is supposed to serve up the particular web

What you need to do, instead, is set:

Mike Burger

According to

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.domain.tld
ServerAlias domain.tld *.domain.tld
DocumentRoot /www/domain

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.otherdomain.tld
DocumentRoot /www/otherdomain

should "Just Work" (tm)

after re-reading the page I thought to try an IP address so I changed httpd.conf to include

ServerName confianza
ServerAlias confianza
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"
# this is for my zend server application
ServerName confianzazend
ServerAlias confianzazend
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/Quickstart/public"

This configuration WORKS. I still don't understand why the first one won't but for my purposes,
I now have a working setup.

Thanks to everyone who offered help.
If (just for academic purposes) you want to keep this thread alive and get the *:80 approach working
I'll be glad to participate.

Dennis Kaptain

¡Obtén la mejor experiencia en la web! Descarga gratis el nuevo Internet Explorer 8.

fedora-list mailing list
To unsubscribe: