Re: Need help with Reboot cause
- From: "Peter J. Stieber" <developer@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 20:01:36 -0700
PS = Pete Stieber
PS> This is going to sound vague, but here goes...
PS> I have a dual opteron system that has been acting
PS> as the worldly node for a small cluster of computers
PS> since September, 2004. The machine is running the
PS> latest x86_64 Fedora 10 kernel that I recently
PS> loaded (April 2). The machine reboots without
PS> warning. I can't find the cause in log files (maybe
PS> I'm not looking in the correct log)...
After trying a "little bit of everything" and learning a lot about lm_sensors and hddtemp from those of you that replied, I took a chance and bought a replacement MB from Newegg.
I replaced the Tyan Thunder K8W (S2885ANRF) MB with and ASUS K8N-DRE.
I used the same CPUs, memory, and PS and it works. I don't see anything wrong with the MB, but it will be sent to the recycle center.
Thanks for all of the help.
fedora-list mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
- Prev by Date: Re: install disk
- Next by Date: Re: install disk
- Previous by thread: Any package for DSPAM?
- Next by thread: Re: Fedora 11 fail because of Anaconda