Re: [OT] ssh login script - Please Help

Mike Burger wrote:

Alternately, Dan ought to, instead of an expect script, use a non-root
user, key-based authentication (bypass the password), scp the conf file
the non-root user's homedir, and sudo to provide root level privs to
move
the conf file into place and restart NTP.

Or don't log in at all. Use scp to copy the file, and then ssh where
it is set to run a command when you connect. (Use the
comand="comand" format for the key.) One thing I am not sure of is
if you can use the same key for scp when using the command= option.

Well, is part of the openssh suite, and does/will use the same key as the
ssh executable.

I use keys to scp and ssh to run commands all the time, without having to
pass passwords along, in order to automate processes, all the time.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

or send a blank email message to:

site-update-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: [OT] ssh login script - Please Help
    ... Alternately, Dan ought to, instead of an expect script, use a non-root ... user, key-based authentication, scp the conf file to ... the conf file into place and restart NTP. ... it is set to run a command when you connect. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: scp. I dont get it
    ... allows you restrict the use of the key to a specific ip, ... only use scp, and even then, only if the destination includes ... or running a cron script to do it for you. ... # original scp command given by the client. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • RE: SCP help
    ... > I have developed a CGI that will take information from a CGI based ... > SCP a specific file to a remote server. ... > If I do the above command from the command line all works perfectly. ... Is the script setuid? ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: scp exploit
    ... want scp, but not necessarily the ability to pass in commands. ... server's running a restricted shell then the shell ought to filter the ... from sending a command string via ssh containing ";" (or any other shell ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: RT : Large transfert with 2.6.12rc5+realtime-preempt-2.6.12-rc5-V0.7.47-15
    ... >> The scp or ftp start on a RT machine. ... The connection is established. ... this command duration in 18 minutes even when I launch it ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)