Re: What software is missing in the Fedora repository?

NiftyFedora Mitch wrote:
Plugins for 64 bit Firefox are a tangle.
This is especially so if Opera and other
browsers are installed.
An 'alternates' solution for Firefox(32|64)
would be nice.
Not as nice as a Adobe moving to 64 bit..
but flash and friends are not the only plugins
in the world.
It might help if Firefox/Mozilla had a plugin
petition button that could be launched if
a plugin was unavailable. A score card
might help "geter" done.

If I may ask, what is wrong with 64 bit FF plugins? I use 64 bit F10, and the only 32 bit packages I use are skype related, and nothing (plugin-wise) could be better. Even 64 bit flash has behaved itself.

--
Suvayu

  • Re: Why Silverlight might not have any light at the end of the tunnel ....
    ... "You" are comfortable loading two browsers as ... Then you install Flash to the two new ... have a similar lack of discomfort with installing a plugin with one ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: Why Silverlight might not have any light at the end of the tunnel ....
    ... installing flash to the default. ... plugins for your two other browsers but suddenly unsure that you need ... have a similar lack of discomfort with installing a plugin with one ... to install it. ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: cnn flash video
    ... it worked all right once I downloaded the necessary plugin. ... it work with CNN? ... Adobe's flash plugins worked OK. ... another plugin and there is no version for Linux of it. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Adobe Flex for MV GUI
    ... the Flash plugin is used both for obnoxious ... Flashing ads as well as for RIA. ... 15" screens are going to be with us for a lot longer than the last release ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: cnn flash video
    ... it worked all right once I downloaded the necessary plugin. ... it work with CNN? ... Adobe's flash plugins worked OK. ... that IcedTea Java doesn't work in all cases - but it is the first Java ...
    (Fedora)