Re: Backing up whole system
- From: Craig White <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 18:17:20 -0700
On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 19:32 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
So where does the rpm install it? Should it not find stuff in /bin before it----
looks in /usr/bin? And in /usr/lib before it looks in /usr/local/lib (or
However, my $PATH has those locations interchanged. I don't recall re-writing
that in the last year+ though. Shrug...
I am no shell expert but when I type 'echo $PATH', /usr/local/bin comes
before /usr/bin and /usr/local/sbin comes before /usr/sbin so it would
seem to me that it is standard behavior to execute binaries
from /usr/local/... first if found.
That has also been my experience in the past when I have compiled
secondary installation of openldap/openssl/kerberos/cyrus-sasl because
of the outdated installations on previous RHEL setups and it was
virtually impossible to remove the base installation libraries of these
packages because of dependencies.
Thus installing the amanda rpm's without first removing your source
installation was doomed before you began.
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.
fedora-list mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
- Prev by Date: Re: Backing up whole system
- Next by Date: Error: Missing Dependency: libcucul.so.0()(64bit) is needed by package
- Previous by thread: Re: Backing up whole system
- Next by thread: Fedora's Amanda mispackaged? (was: Re: Backing up whole system)