Re: Fedora 10 and libresmgr.so.1

Dmitriy wrote:
My system (i) desperately needs it for my soundcard to function....

Without more details, we can't really help you. You say ALSA requires it –
did you install a custom ALSA package as well? Or maybe some ALSA plugin?

.... and also to start csound 5.10, which i recently installed.

Why didn't you just install the csound RPM which ships with Fedora?

/usr/local/bin/bin/csound

/usr/local/bin/bin? WTF?!

Looks like you installed something improperly packaged and broke your
system.

I'd suggest reinstalling Fedora and sticking to official Fedora packages
(and RPM Fusion if needed, but not random third-party crap).

Kevin Kofler

  • Re: Newby Problem
    ... > I have installed Fedora core 4 on one of my machines and all seems well ... On every package that I select I receive ... Even though they all install and work fine it is a real ... >> Yes, when I copy it on my PC, it opens properly ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 8, Issue 360 (Out of office reply.)
    ... In what package can I find the sql.h ... Subject: Strange behaviour non-linux partitions: HELP ... > but an easy install from the downloadable installer. ... But I was hoping to help out with the Fedora ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Internet radio for FC3?
    ... What package do you all recommend for listening to streaming ... That will install the mp3 gstreamer plugin, ... AmoroK is in Fedora Extras, btw - so you shouldn't need to do anything - ...
    (Fedora)
  • Wireless does not work
    ... Fedora Coverstory in Linux Format ... Hylafax package for FC6 ... ASUS P5B and FC 6 Install ... is expected on it (because that drive was lost or drives don't have the ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Fedora vs. Ubuntu
    ... try PCLinuxOS (a Mandrake derived Distro with a LiveCD ... that comes 'just working' right out of the install, ... to install Synaptic package manager which then allows you complete access to ... If he leans towards the latter part of my list I'd definitely go with Fedora. ...
    (Fedora)